South American style fish stew with Infinity Blue Barramundi
Chef Alejandro Saravia’s South American Style Fish Stew
There are few things tastier than a fish stew but they can seem like a lot of work. Chef Alejandro Saravia’s recipe below using Infinity Blue Barramundi is worth a try at home – so tasty it’ll become a firm favourite in any fish lover’s repertoire.
- 1 Whole Infinity Blue Barramundi Fish (cut into four pieces)
- 250ml burned (see method) orange juice
- 1L Fish Stock
- 350g Roasted Red Capsicum
- 2 Fresh Chillies
- 500ml Gluten Free Soy Sauce
- 75g Peeled & Chopped Ginger
- Coriander (fresh chopped to garnish)
- Place the capsicum directly on the flame of your gas stove and turn the flame to high.
- Once the side facing the flame is black and blistered, turn the capsicum around to blister the other side. Continue turning the capsicum until all the skin is black and blistered.
- Remove the capsicum from the flame and place in a bowl and cover tightly with plastic wrap. Let it cool down for a few minutes.
- Once cool to the touch, remove the capsicum from the bowl and peel off all the blackened skin, remove and discard the skin.
- Place the whole oranges directly on the flame of your gas stove and turn the flame to high.
- Once the side facing the flame is black, turn the oranges around to face another side to the flame. Continue turning the oranges like this until all sides are black. Leave the oranges to cool down before juicing them.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Blend the ingredients into a smooth paste.
- Clean and cut the Infinity Blue Barramundi – you can either do a steak-cut (bone-in).
- Place the sauce in a pan and heat gently until it starts to simmer for about 1 minute.
- Add the fish and cook gently for approximately 3 minutes or until the fish is cooked through.
- Sprinkle on the fresh chilli and coriander, and serve with rice.