Bruschetta with Whipped Ricotta & Crispy Prosciutto di Parma
Bruschetta with Whipped Ricotta, Saba, Honey & Crispy Prosciutto di Parma
Serves 4 Prep 15min Cook 10min
- 4 slices of sourdough bread, cut in half
- 250g buffalo ricotta or cow’s milk ricotta
- 40ml saba or a good quality aged balsamic vinegar
- 4 teaspoon of honey
- 8 thin slices of Prosciutto di Parma
- 8 salad leaves
- 70ml extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Drizzle each slice of bread with extra virgin olive oil and season. Grill for 2-3 min on each side till toasted.
- In a large bowl, whisk ricotta with 20ml of olive oil till creamy and smooth, add seasoning.
- Lay prosciutto slices onto a n oven tray on grease proof paper and cook for 8min at 180c or till crispy. Removed from tray and place onto paper towel.
- Dress salad leaves with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and seasoning. Add one leaf on each slice of bread then add ricotta, saba, honey and last garnish with prosciutto crisp.
- Serve and enjoy immediately!
Recipe by Chef Luca Ciano. To find out more about the story of Proscuitto di Parma and why there is no substitute please read on here.