Miguel’s Crispy Cauliflower Burger
If you love a good homemade burger then you’ll love Miguel’s Crispy Cauliflower Burger. With crispy cauliflower florets that pack a punch of flavour, a creamy homemade vegan mayo with the classic cheese, lettuce and tomato fillings in between a brioche bun you’ll be making this one over and over again. Even make it meat free, just skip the sliced Wagyu Bresaola. Even ditch the cheese to make it vegan.
Prep 45 mins, plus soaking overnight. Cooking time 20 mins
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp dry oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
Soy milk marinade
- 500ml soy milk
- 175g silken tofu
- 1 tbsp spice mix
- 50ml Sriracha chilli sauce
Crispy Spiced Cauliflower
- 1 cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 batch soy milk marinade
- 1 cup self-raising flour seasoned with 1 tsp spice mix, salt and pepper
- Vegetable oil, for frying
Wasabi Soy Mayo Sauce
- ¼ cup soy milk
- 1 tbs American mustard
- 1 tbs Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Wasabi
- 1 tbs tomato sauce
- 1 cup vegetable oil or light olive oil
- 4 tsp soy wasabi Mayo
- 4 “milk buns” or brioche
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 4 slices wagyu bresaola optional
- ½ brown onion, finely chopped
- ½ baby cos lettuce, leaves torn
- 1 tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove for rubbing bread
- For spice mix. Put all ingredients in a medium screw top jar and seal with lid. Shake well to combine.
- For the soy milk marinade. Put the tofu, soy milk, spice mix and Sriracha chilli sauce in a food processor and blend until smooth. Pour into a deep container and add cauliflower and soak overnight in the fridge.
- Preheat oil in deep fryer to 180C. Toss cauliflower, a few pieces at a time, in seasoned flour and fry for about 4 mins or until crisp and golden brown. Drain on paper towel and repeat with remaining cauliflower. Sprinkle with extra spice mix.
- For the Wasabi soy mayo sauce, put the soy milk and ingredients in the bowl of a blender or food processor and blend until combined. With the motor running, slowly add the vegetable oil until thick and combined.
- Serve it up, toast the buns cut-side down until golden, rub fresh garlic on bread
- Put some sauce on the base buns, top with lettuce, tomato, onion and cauliflower, top with cheese and bresaola of using and top with extra sauce and bun.