Alastair’s Summer Herby Chicken
Alastair is back in the Harris Scarfe kitchen , turning up the heat, this week showing you how to create his Summer Herby Chicken recipe! It’s bound to become your new favourite!
Preparation 15 minutes plus overnight marinading time
Cooking Time 65 minutes including resting time
- 1.6kg chicken, cut into eight pieces
- 3 tbs fennel seeds, lightly crushed
- 1 tbs black peppercorns, lightly crushed
- 2 tbs sea salt flakes
- 8 cloves garlic, skin on
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 60ml olive oil
- 8 sprigs rosemary
- 1 400g tin crushed tomatoes
- 1 glass white wine
- 250g radishes, cleaned and halved
- 20ml red wine vinegar
- Combine chicken pieces with fennel, peppercorns, salt, garlic, chilli flakes, and half the olive oil then massage into the chicken pieces.
- Refrigerate overnight to allow the flavours to infuse.
- Preheat oven to 220C. Place chicken pieces skin-side up in a baking dish. Scatter over rosemary, tomatoes and wine.
- Roast for 50 to 60 minutes or until the chicken is golden and cooked through.
- After 25 minutes of the cooking time has passed, toss radish pieces in remaining olive oil and nestle amongst chicken.
- When chicken is cooked, remove from the oven, drizzle with vinegar and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve in the roasting dish with pan juices spooned over.
TO DOWNLOAD THIS RECIPE AS A PDF CLICK HERE