Smoked Barramundi & Kipfler Salad
Looking for a way to mix up your potato salad this summer – check out this recipe using Infinity Blue Smoked Barramundi below
Smoked Barramundi & Kipfler Potato Salad
Serves 8 (as a side dish)
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 750g Kipfler fingerling potatoes (sub new potatoes), scrubbed but unpeeled
- 500g smoked barramundi, flesh picked into pieces
- 1 green apple
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ½ large red onion, diced
- 40g baby rocket leaves, rinsed
- 1 bunch chervil, leaves picked
- Cracked black pepper
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 Tbsp salted baby capers, rinsed ad roughly chopped
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- To make the Caper Vinaigrette combine all of the ingredients in a jar and shake vigorously to combine.
- Set aside until required.
- Place the potatoes in a large saucepan, cover with cold water and place over high heat. Bring to a boil and continue to boil for 20 minutes. Test that a knife point easily pierces through a potato, then remove from the heat.
- Drain the potatoes, cool slightly, then slice potatoes in half lengthways.
- Toss half of the caper vinaigrette through the warm potatoes, then set aside until cooled.
- Slice the apples into matchsticks and toss with the lemon juice.
- Add the flaked barramundi, the baby
rocket leaves and the red onion.
- Gently combine with the potatoes, then drizzle over the remaining vinaigrette and garnish with the chervil leaves and cracked pepper