Miguel Maestre’s Jamon & Manchego JafflesPublished 20 Oct, 2021
Miguel Maestre’s Jamon & Manchego Jaffles
“I’m always looking for different ways to maximise the texture and flavour of my ingredients in my cooking. I’ve never seen anyone make jaffles this way before and that’s why I’m extremely proud of my signature jaffle. The jamon wrapped around the outside becomes crispy, while the cheese inside melts and the grated tomato becomes juicy and fresh.”
- 2 slices bread
- 1 ripe truss tomato
- 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 small clove garlic, finely grated
- 3/4 cup grated Maestre Manchego Cheese
- 3 thin slices Maestre Jamon Serrano
- 3 sage leaves
- Lightly butter the 2 slices of bread on both sides.
- Grate the tomato into a large bowl, discard the leftover peel.
- Add the garlic and olive oil to the tomato and season well.
- Spread the grated cheese on one slice of bread.
- Top with the tomato mixture and close the sandwich.
- Wrap the sandwich in the slices of jamon.
- Place sage leaves on top of the sandwich and place the jaffle in a preheated jaffle press.
- Cook for 5 minutes or until the sage leaves and jamon are crisp and the cheese is melted.
- Leave to cool for 5 minutes before eating.
Discover the Harris Scarfe Cooking Club for exclusive celebrity chef recipes, cooking tips & tricks and more!
This recipe is from Miguel’s new book Feast. Feast has 100 generous recipes that are designed to share and is now available to buy from your favourite book retailer. Feast by Miguel Maestre is published by Plum.