Manu’s Chicken breast with Sautéed Kipfler Potatoes and Mushroom Sauce
This is Manu’s take on a mushroom sauce, that pairs perfectly with poultry. Strong and full bodied, prepared with porcini mushrooms, white wine, veal and beef glace and pure cream for that little bit of indulgence!
Serves: 2 as a main
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
2 chicken breast supreme’s, breast portion with wings attached
80ml olive oil
400g kipfler potatoes, washed and sliced
200g Swiss brown mushroom cups, sliced
100g baby spinach leaves
2 cloves garlic, chopped
150g packet The Sauce by Manu, Mushroom Sauce
- Place a chicken breast, skin side up on a chopping board and pull the wing tip towards you. Place the blade of a sharp, small bladed knife, in the center of the drumette and slice until you hit the bone. Rotate the chicken by twisting it with the wing in your grip until you have completely cut through to the bone all the way around. Pull the flesh up to the wing tip, hold the tip flat in your hand, bend it backwards and pull down firmly. It should just pop right off. Repeat with second chicken supreme.
- Alternatively, cut and pull the flesh down the drumette as in step 1. and using the heal of a knife, cut the bone in half on the angle. You can always ask your butcher to prepare the chicken supreme for you.
- Preheat an oven to 200˚
- Season the chicken with sea salt and pepper. Heat a large oven proof frying pan over a high heat. Add 30ml oil and 30g butter and when butter is foaming place the chicken breasts, skin side down in the pan. Cook for 5-6 minutes or until golden. Turnover, then transfer the pan to the oven, to roast for 7 minutes or until just cooked through. Cut the breast open to check and continue to cook if necessary. Transfer to a plate, cover with foil and leave to rest for 10 minutes.
- Place a large frying pan over a high heat. Add remaining oil and butter and when butter is foaming, add potatoes. Cook for 8-10 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Add mushrooms and cook for 4-5 minutes. Add spinach and garlic cook for 1-2 minutes or until the spinach is just wilted. Season with sea salt and pepper to taste.
- To serve, prepare The Sauce by Manu, Mushroom Sauce according to packet directions. Spoon some of the potatoes and spinach onto warm serving plates, arrange chicken on top and finish with generous pour of sauce and any remaining potatoes on the side.
Manu’s sauce range is available at Woolworths stores in NSW, VIC & QLD.