Kirsten Tibballs’ Chocolate and Raspberry Tarts for Valentine’s DayPublished 30 Jan, 2023
Kirsten Tibballs has created a delicious yet simple recipe for you to surprise your loved one this Valentine’s Day. The delectable biscuit base is complemented by the sweetness of the creamy filling, topped with raspberries and chocolate savings to make the tarts even more irresistible!
TIME: 30 mins – 1 hour | MAKES: 12 tarts
1 packet butternut snap biscuits
15g desiccated coconut
100g unsalted butter, melted
300ml whipping cream
30g castor sugar
½ tsp vanilla bean paste
1 block of milk chocolate for chocolate shavings
2 punnets of raspberries
- To make the base, crush the biscuits and combine with the coconut and melted butter, press into the base of 12-centimetre x five-centimetre tart rings or eight egg rings that have been placed on a lined tray.
- Place in the fridge for 10-15 minutes for the base to set. Remove the tart cases. You can keep the bases in an airtight container in the fridge. These can be made up to four days in advance.
- To make the topping, place the cream, sugar and vanilla in a bowl and whisk until it is whipped.
- Create some chocolate shavings by running a sharp knife over the back of a chocolate block. The chocolate shavings can be made in advance and stored in an airtight container at room temperature or if it is too hot, store them in the fridge.
- Divide the cream evenly between the 12 tarts, spoon a generous dollop on each tart. Place scattered raspberries on the top of each tart and top with chocolate shavings. You can place the topping on the tarts up to two hours before serving.
Recipe credit: Kirsten Tibballs
Photo: Savour School by Kimberley Moore