Chocolate Mug Cake
Chocolate Mug Cake with a Gooey Lava Centre
The Five Minute Cake of Your Dreams!
This is a great recipe to have around for those nights when you want a little treat, but haven’t planned ahead and don’t want to go out. It’s also a great way to manage food waste, because you cook only the amount you need.
For an even quicker result, make a batch of the dry ingredients in bulk, then your favourite cake is only ever 5 minutes away.
Great for movie nights!
- 20g Plain Flour
- 30g caster sugar
- 6g Peruvian cacoa powder
- 1g bi carb soda/baking soda
- 1g finely ground salt
- 40g coffee espresso or warm water (coffee helps to bring out the chocolate taste)
- 1g vanilla extract
- 11g oil of your choice (neutral taste ideally – not olive oil)
- 1g white vinegar
- 1 ‘Dream Egg‘ – or 2 Filled Bears any other centre that will melt under heat e.g. plain chocolate, peanut butter or caramel.
- Add all dry ingredients into a mug, stir with a fork to combine.
- Add all wet ingredients into the same mug, stir with a fork to combine. It makes a very wet mix so expect it to be soupy.
- Drop your Dream Egg into the bottom of the mug.
- Microwave for 50-60 seconds and check on the progress of the cake. Some microwaves will take more time / some less – so test yours until it is just right.
- Remove from the microwave and scoop to the bottom with a spoon to enjoy your molten chocolate lava cake!
You can sub in your favourite Treat Dreams chocolates in place of the Dream egg. Are you more of a caramel fan? Add a couple of Caramel Filled Bears instead. It’llmake a less sweet, rich, caramel chocolate cake.
For more information and inspiration from Treat Dreams or to get your hands on some of their Dream eggs please visit their website